Toyota Kirloskar Motors

In October 1997, Toyota Kiloskar Motors (TKM) started as a joint venture between Kirloskar Group and Toyota Motor Corporation. Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) holds 89% of the share and Kirloskar Group owns the remaining 11%.

TMC was established in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda in Japan. It is the largest vehicle manufacturer of Japan and is one of the biggest vehicle manufacturers of the world. The manufacturing unit is located at Bidadi near Bangalore.

The Toyota Kirloskar Motor models are

  • Toyota Qualis
  • Toyota Innova
  • Toyota Corolla
  • Toyota Camry
  • Toyota Prado

Toyota Kirloskar Motor In News

  • Toyota stops taking booking orders for its luxury car, Camry, as the makers are unable to meet the rising demand for the car.
  • Toyota is working on the plans to enter the small car segment.

Last Updated on 1/2/2012